How to Get Better Content (And Make a Writer Happy at the Same Time)
The writing on your website isn’t very good because
- You hired someone who usually works in admin or graphic design to do it.
- You asked the writer to use the old copy as the basis for the new copy.
- You paid the writer less than minimum wage without looking at any samples first.
- The instructions you gave the writer were “Write like The Simpsons” or something equally vague. (If your writer could write like The Simpsons, your writer would be working on TV.)
There are no free lunches in good content. But writing is one of the easier parts — in my experience — of cobbling together something substantial that builds audiences and makes them interested.
January 2, 2014 / Deborah Carver
Categories: On Content
Most Recent Posts
- Choosing a New Small Business CMS: A Digital Strategist Solves Her Own Problems May 28, 2019
- Chinese 5-spice Fried Chicken: Sunday Dinner Gifset #3 October 25, 2015
- A New My Antonia & Getting More Out of a Phone Selfie October 15, 2015